Monday, March 9, 2009

Abel's Island

The kids are reading Abel's Island in conjunction with their unit on Animal Adaptations in Moving Beyond the Page. Today they made a boat like one of the one's that Abel tried to make to escape from the island.
I have been holding onto this awesome piece of bark for a few weeks waiting for a good time to do this project. (Thanks for letting us take it Shari!)
Alex took the kids down to the park water feature to see if their boat would work better than Abel's did. ;)








3 comments:

Dina said...

seriously, can you please adopt me??? I love reading about you and the kids!

JMe said...

How fun is that!!!! Your kids are so adorable.

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Ooooooo... that is a great idea! I will have to try that with my kids soon. :) It looks like a beautiful day.

Val