I didn't mention it here, but we have had a major tile issue. Our 12" ceramic tiles in our kitchen started cracking about a year ago. Then we started feeling hollow spaces under the tiles when we walked over them.
This past weekend, the issue escalated. :p
While I was sitting in the kitchen sewing, I heard a lot "POP". I looked around but didn't see anything.
Then another "POP".
This time, I turn to see the tiles behind me popping up and buckling at the grout.
As the weekend went on, more and more and more of them are doing this.
After a trip to Home Depot with some of these tiles, we found out that it was a shoddy installation by the builder (who shall remain nameless but whose initials are D.R. Horton);)
Half of the tiles have adhesive on the back of them, but they were not adhered to the cement floor.
The other half have no adhesive on the back of them, but the adhesive DID adhere to the cement floor.
So, right now, we are in the process of pulling up ALL of the tiles in the kitchen.
And this brings us to the point of my post.
Out of destruction, we make art.
Here are the girls painting some of the discarded tiles.