Saturday, October 22, 2011

One of those things that I did this week....

Yeah, yeah...there was that homeschooling thing we do. This was BESIDES that. About a month or so ago, I ran across a Facebook post about Katwise sweaters. Here is her Etsy shop.
I fell in LOVE with them! So did the girls. I picked up a few sweaters at a thrift store in McKinney for about $2 each. I used the Katwise tutorial (found at her Etsy store) and made Caroline a modified Katwise sweater. We are calling it a Pixie sweater (I have one in mind to make for Joseph, who feels left out and will call that one a Gnome sweater ;)).
Caroline's is made out of 3 mid-weight felted wool sweaters and 2 cashmere sweaters.


A couple of days later, I made one for Libby. However, Libby is an Anti-Woolite. Her sweater is made out of a cotton Fair Isle print sweater plus a TON of tshirts. All of Libby's pieces we had laying around the house.




No comments: