Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Asia Quilt

Joseph's end of unit project was SUPPOSED to be several different activities, but he REALLY wanted to take the "quilt squares" that he did in the student book and make a REAL quilt out of it.
We found fabric for the printer at JoAnn's. Well, HE found it and latched onto it.
So I got to figure out how to make a quilt. Here is our effort. Joseph really likes it because there is a minky fleece backing on it....very very soft and fuzzy.
Photobucket

Here are close-ups of the four countries that he did:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We hand knotted the quilt because I wanted him to be able to help with it and I didn't want this project to go on indefinitely. I am sure I broke all kinds of quilt etiquette rules...I had no clue what I was doing.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Teri, I love this! I wondered what you meant by Asia quilt so I'm glad you blogged it. I want to do this with Mia SO BAD! You are going to convert me to MBTP without even trying. :-b