Sunday, June 6, 2010

LLELA

On our second day of no girls, we had a field trip scheduled with Webelos at the LLELA. As luck would have it, LLELA is also a Nature Challenge destination. We met our den (and some extra friends), completed our Forester Badge, had a snack and then stayed for a little while longer to complete the Nature Challenge.
We ended up being there from 10 am until after 2.
During our Challenge hike, Joseph and Cameron got hot, so I dipped them into the Trinity River to cool off. I know, I know...it's the Trinity, but it is very clean and briskly flowing up in Lewisville. ;) The part that was not planned was when the bank gave way under my feet and *I* went into the river. Oops. It did feel good though.
Here is my little birdwatcher trying out the binoculars
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before I dunked Joseph, we tried filling his hat up with water. Hence, the grin.
Photobucket

No comments: