Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I am turning into slacker blogger

I KNEW I wouldn't be reliable at this! It's not because we haven't been doing anything and it's not because I don't have enough time. I am just a slacker blogger.
I won't try to catch up. I will just tell you what we have done today.
The girls have also been begging to start school so we did that yesterday. They are working on geography.
Last night, I snuck out to the Dollar Tree and bought some things to hide in the backyard (and a Snickers bar for Ken).
This morning I went out in the backyard and hid the three things and wrote down how many steps and the cardinal directions.
Then I invited my Pirate Explorers out....
Caroline is our map/instruction reader
Photobucket

Carefully counting out mama-sized Pirate steps (it took a few minutes to explain that pirates didn't walk heel to toe in size 13 little girl shoes :p)
Photobucket

The first Booty is found!
Photobucket

SEVENTEEN steps to the west...
Photobucket

West is this way...
Photobucket

Joseph found his (where'd that picture go?)

Next we go....south....
Photobucket

All the Pirates have their booties now...
Photobucket

Happily painting their treasures....
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ma'am have officially received a "Cool Mom" award.

kudos.

Heather said...

You're such a fun homeschooling mom, I hope I can be half that great when Raemi gets old enough for me to start homeschooling her!!!